Bought a new laptop

This is possibly one of the most horrible week I had to endure. After 3 days without laptop, with only my Android to surf the net, and nothing much to do at all(both PS3 and laptop was stolen), I got desperate. So in a desperate move, what can you do if you want to buy a laptop? Sell. Sell whatever "valuable" electronics I could. A network lan video player, an external TV antenna for laptop, a HTC Touch HD smartphone, and router - which was only less than a month old, basically new as I didn't use it at , I'm using spare set atm.

So where can you trade? There's a lot of place on the internet, but I don't have the "time" to wait for eternity, so the immediate way is Cash Converter. Anyone who had been to Cash converter would know that they would slash the price of your items very low, and then its up to the poor fellas to decide if they are willing to part with their valuables for that pitiful sum of money.

And so the story goes, $150 for the phone, hmm.. good. $50 for the network player. err.. better than nothing.. that's $200 I'm able to raise. Now the horror starts. $5 for the external Tv unit. Huh? I bought the dongle for nearly $100 I remember. Its $5 now?? Next comes the ridiculous. $3 for the Billion 7300N router. .............. $3 ? Kidding? A second hand router is worth as much as a First hand COKE in Australia???? I can't even buy Subway sandwich with that money.



Needless to say, I kept the router. I could use it for spare where it'll still earn back its value. Altogether, I've only managed to source just over two hundred bucks to buy a laptop. Pathetic.

Still, at the end of the day, I still bought a laptop. Lenova. Not too pricey. Lucky they sell Laptop cheaper here in Australia than in Singapore.
Share on Google Plus

About Andy

A father to two pretty and active princesses. A husband to the most hardworking woman of his life. A Business Analyst during weekdays, a regular blogger by weekends.